New Version PL/SQL Spatial packages released
Thursday October 04 2007 at 23:44
Over the past 6 months I have had many contracts all of which contributed and idea to the latest revision of my free PL/SQL packages.
I hope these are of use to fellow Oracle Spatialliers out there.
A number of function in GEOM have been renamed to remove the AsPipelined suffix from their names.
This release includes the following:
- Made the packages query and use EE features only when EE is installed
- Java functions have been removed partly due to the lack of Java in XE (my main development platform) and partly due to a complete re-write that will include some JTS functions and the ability to write a shapefile directly from the Oracle database.
- The TOOLS package has had a lot of work done on it in the area of logging activity such that I will be able to bind its output to Oracle’s excellent Application Express (APEX).
- The GEOM package has had had some functions renamed and the following added:
* Two SDO_Area() functions
* Two SDO_Length() functions
* TO_3D() function (with default Z support)
* Fix_3D_Z() function that replaces NULL Z values with real numbers.
* ToSdoPoint() that converts a single point whose ordinates are stored in the SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY to one in which the ordinates are stored in SDO_POINT_TYPE() structure.
The Distance() function has been moved to the COGO package:
The TO_KML() function has been moved a new KML package.
- New KML package with the following functions:
* To_KML() – A Procedure and a standalone Function
This package can create a KML document via use of Header(), multiple TO_KML procedure calls, followed by Footer() and the GetDocument which will return the completed document to you as a CLOB.
- COGO package has had added:
* isGeographic() function that, given an SRID, indicates TRUE if the SRID is longitude/latitude (geographic) or not.
* Distance() overload functions for computing a distance geographic data
* GreatCircleBearing() which computes a great circle bearing between two longitude/latitude pairs (ellipsoid can be specified).
* Longitude/Latitude functions to complement DMS2DD
- CONSTANTS package has had the following “inspector” functions added:
FUNCTION PI RETURN NUMBER;
FUNCTION MaxNumber RETURN NUMBER;
FUNCTION MinNumber RETURN NUMBER;
FUNCTION MaxLong RETURN NUMBER;
FUNCTION MinLong RETURN NUMBER;